AP can change your life. Through college-level AP courses, you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.
How Do I Enroll?
Once you've decided to take the AP challenge it's easy to enroll.
- Talk to an AP teacher or the AP Coordinator at your school about the course you want to take. Discuss the course's workload and any preparation you might need.
For more information regarding college and university policies regarding AP credit, please visit http://apps.collegeboard.com/apcreditpolicy/index.jsp.