Blessed Father Basil Moreau, Founder of the Congregation of Holy Cross
"We have to taste the fruits of the cross if we want to taste eternally the fruits of the tree of life from which God nourishes the chosen ones in glory."
Prayers are requested:
- For the unemployed and under-employed;
- For the repose of the soul of Joseph H. Cortese, D.D.S., Cathedral class of 1953. Jospeh is the brother of Dr. Thomas Cortese, '52.
- For the repose of the soul of David Hood, uncle of Joshua Price '07, Lindsay Price '09, Olivia Price '12 and Caroline Price '16.
- For the repose of the soul of Jane B. Wade, 1950 graduate of St. Agnes Academy.
- For the repose of the soul of Marieanne Nohl, SAA '43 and mother of Cathedral teacher Jim Nohl.
- For the repose of the soul of Ronald F. Yates, grandfather of Maureen Kesterson-Yates, class of 2014.
- For the repose of the soul of Edward F. Donlan '38 graduate of cathedral.
- For the repose of the soul of Tomas P. Newett '46 graduate of Cathedral. He is the father of Thomas Newett '65, Michael Newett '66, Kevin Newett '69 and Chris Newett '73.
- For the respose of the soul of Kenneth Carter, grandfathter of Brittany Howard '09, Lindsey Howard '11, and Mallory Howard '13.
- For all those impacted by the bombings in Boston, especially the families of the victims and those who have been injured.
- For all those killed or injured in the fertilizer plant fire in West Texas.
- For the repsoe of the soul of Charles Caspersen, son of former Cathedral teacher, Kevin Caspersen.
- For the repose of the soul of Betty A. Countryman, mother of Col. Frank Countryman CHS '65, and Christopher Countryman CHS '74. She is also the gradmother of Michael Countryman CHS '09.
- For the repose of the soul of John D. "Dave" Fletcher, 1955 Cathedral graduate.
- For the healing of Maeve Nugeyun, daughter of Megan (Stanton) Nugeyun, class of 1998 who is battling cancer.
- For the repose of the soul of Charles M. Brown, 1934 graduate of Cathedral.
- For the healing of Barbara Taube Fasbinder as she recovers from surgery and begins chemotherapy for her second battle with breast cancer. She is the aunt of Ben ('13) and Sam ('15) Osborn and the sister of Dr. Jane Taube ('69)
- For the repose of the soul of Tyler Armacost, cousin of Matthew Musser '13, who was killed in a car accident.
- For the repose of the soul of Jospeh A. Striby, class of 1936. Joseph is the father of Joe Striby '70, Jim Striby '71, and Francis Striby '73. He is the brother of Carl Strib '38 and Francis Striby '43.
- For the repose of the soul of Charles L. Beaven, class of 1946. Father of Charbra Beaven '94.
- For the repose of the soul of Jan Babb, grandfather of Matt Babb '14 and Corey Babb '12.
- For the repose of the soul of Phillip Struble, brother in law of Cathedral's Director of Transportation, Ken Kaufman.
- For the swift healing of Marybeth Morris, Cathedral Spanish teacher.
For those who are fighting cancer:
- For healing for Deborah Roberts, who is battling breast cancer, and is the mother of Rachel (01), Bobby (’04), John (’07), Rose (’09) and Kathleen Roberts; (3/24)
- For Amy Peyton McLean, mother of George Peyton '13 and Harry Peyton '15 who is fighting cancer.
- For the healing of Kevin Mattson who is battling stage 4 brain cancer.
For those who serve our country:
- For Maxx Hamm ('11), as he starts his second year at Virginia Military Institute to commission as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps (8/14)
- For 2LT Douglas Ausenbaugh (’07), 4th Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division, who has been deployed to Afghanistan, brother of Elyse (’10) and Meredith (’12) Ausenbaugh; (5/30)
If you have someone in your family or a friend serving our country, please send this information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and for all who protect us – soldiers, sailors, firefighters, police forces, and parents.
Do you worry about your children? Replace your anxiety and fear with peace and hope by praying with other moms. Moms in Prayer International (formerly Moms in Touch) gathers women together to pray scripturally and specifically for children and schools. Our Cathedral group meets for an hour on Monday mornings at 8:15 in the school chapel. Please join us anytime your schedule allows!
For questions or to request prayers, contact Cathleen Perry: email@example.com or Ann Cummings: firstname.lastname@example.org