Summer School Dates: Monday, June 4, 2018 - Friday, June 29, 2018
Summer School Times: Session 1: 8am - 11:30am & Session 2: 12pm - 3:30pm
Online Classes Available:
Spanish Hybrid Online—Monday, June 4, 2018 - Friday, June 29, 2018
Online Composition—Monday, June 4, 2018 - Friday, July 20, 2018
Click here to view a list of summer school courses.
For course descriptions and prereqs visit the Cathedral Course Guide.
1. Summer school registration is now closed. For any inquiries regarding summer school, please contact Kristen Zupancic at email@example.com.
- Registration is performed on a first come, first served basis.
- Returning students who register before the deadline receive preference in Physical Education placement.
- Please note that historically, Physical Education sessions have filled rapidly. Please be sure to register before the deadline to give yourself the best chance to be enrolled in your preferred class.
- A Registration Waitlist may be offered for certain courses that reach capacity. Seat openings in these classes will be filled from the waitlist on a first come, first served basis.
2. We make every effort to accommodate all summer school requests. However, there are no guarantees your first choice will be fulfilled due to the need of balancing classes.
3. All offerings are subject to change based upon student interest. Class sizes MUST exceed 10 students.
- Summer school classes are $500 each, not including any books that may be needed.
- Spanish 1 Hybrid is $250.
- Online Composition is $500.
- Study Skills is $100, which includes all course materials.
- Payment is due at time of registration. We will not fulfill any summer school requests if payment is not completed.
5. ATTENDANCE: Attendance during summer school is mandatory, and students are expected to be in class each day. Missing one class is equivalent to one week during the regular school year.
6. If you find that your summer school needs have changed, please contact Kristen Zupancic at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jere Kubuske at email@example.com.
- Please withdraw in writing to the attention of Kristen Zupancic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you find that you need to withdraw after that date, there will be a cancellation fee of $50.00.
- Refund checks will not be issued, and all debits and credits will be applied to the student's account in the Business Office.
- Withdrawal from summer school after May 18, 2018, will result in no refund.
Notes for Summer School 2018
As previously announced, all summer school students are to follow the "school year" dress code.
- All students must wear the Cathedral long or short sleeved logo shirts available only in the Cathedral Spirit Shop.
- Only a Cathedral uniform sweatshirt or sweater may be worn over the logo shirt.
- Only a plain white t-shirt may be worn under the Cathedral logo shirt. Colored undershirts will not be permitted.
- Long sleeved undershirts are not permitted.
- Cathedral's uniform pants are khaki pants that are ordered from Risse Brothers uniform company. Pants should be worn properly around the waist. Pants that are altered or cut in any way will not be permitted.
- Sock must be worn at all times.
- Hats, sunglasses, head wraps, dew-rags, beads and hair picks are not permitted.
- As during the regular school year, Fridays will be "activity days" and Cathedral spirit t-shirts or sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants.
- PE students may wear any shorts with a Cathedral spirit shirt or a solid colored t-shirt. Socks and tennis shoes are required. Also, all belongings are locked up safely in a room inside the cafeteria during class.
- For questions regarding uniforms, please call Risse Brothers at 317-770-0898 or the Cathedral Spirit Shop at 317-968-7388.
Due to the shortened schedule for summer school, 100% attendance is expected. If an emergency arises and your student must be absent from school, please call the attendance line and report the absence at 317-543-4942, then option 1. Final exams will be on Friday, June 29, 2018: therefore, this is a mandatory day of summer school.
Students taking Health, Bridges, and Study Skills will be using their iPads in class and will undergo Onboarding with the Technology Department June 4-7. Students taking Physical Education will undergo Onboarding with their iPad on Tuesday, June 19 .
Students do not need to purchase any books; however, they will need their iPad for all classes with the exception of Physical Education. Students do need a folder, a notebook, pens, and pencils for all classes.
All classes will be held in the main building in Kelly Hall with the exception of Physical Education. Physical Education will meet in the Cafeteria.
Flik, our catering company, will be offering lunch to all summer school students. Students can pay with cash, or use their MyMealtime accounts.